All products supplied by Brockley Group Ltd have been fully registered by our Suppliers in accordance with the REACH Directive.
All of our SDSs are Reach compliant.
What is REACH?
REACH is a European Regulation and is an acronym for the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals.
The overall aims of REACH are to:
- Provide a high level of protection of human health and the environment from the use of chemicals
- Allow free movement of substances on the EU market
- Enhance innovation and the competitiveness of the EU chemicals industry
- Reduce animal testing by promoting the use of alternative methods of assessing chemicals
REACH entered into force on 1st June 2007 and replaced a large number of European Directives and Regulations in a single system.
Scope and exemptions:
REACH has a very wide scope as it applies to all chemical substances that are manufactured, imported, placed on the market or used within the European Community, either on their own, in mixtures or in articles with intended release.
Some substances are exempted from the overall scope of REACH, while others are exempted from certain parts of the Regulation.
Complete exemptions include:
- Radioactive substances
- Those under customs supervision
- Non-isolated intermediates
- Transport of substances
Other substances can be exempted from certain aspects of REACH provided they are regulated under other existing EU legislation, examples include:
- Medicinal products for human or veterinary use
- Food or feeding stuffs
- Plant protection products and biocides
Substances listed in Annexes IV and V of REACH are exempt from registration.